The FCC has fined Portland Taxicab $12,000 for operating on frequencies without FCC authorization, transmission of spurious emissions resulting in harmful interference to an amateur radio station, lame excuses and general stupdity. Nice to know the FCC occasionally does something useful to keep the airwaves clean.
Technology, including computing, amateur radio, and other radio-activity. Completely and totally unofficial, not endorsed by anyone. Non-anonymous comments are generally welcomed and may be used if you send them to me; contact me using link at bottom to comment. Close cover before striking.
Most Recent Posts
- Gmail! Gmail!
- Dumb Law for Smart Guns
- Ford not a good choice for hams
- Free Basic Internet via WiFi
- Got Batteries?
- Be A Lert, for America Needs More Lerts
- Anything you Graffiti can be used against you...
- How, years ago in days of old, when magic filled t...
- Windows for Warships
- Palmtops - the next computing craze
- Metro Traffic Speed Map
- Oak Grove Weather
- Clackablog: Clackamas County and related affairs
- Other blogs from Oak Grove
- Freecycle for Clackamas County
- Freecycle for Lake Oswego
- Freecycle for Sandy/Mt. Hood
- OrBlogs, showing recently updated Oregon Blogs
- Google Groups - USENET archives, the Internet's Wayback machine
- Chaos Manor - doyen compu-columnist, Dr. Jerry Pournelle, the First Blog
- Handheld's Cellular Data FAQ
- Palm Wireless FAQ
- PDA Phone Home
Brains only provide the means to be more elaborately and ornately stupid. The smart merely make more complex mistakes. Historically, horrendous misjudgements have usually been the children of good minds. When you mix acuity with fanaticism, you get an ungodly stew almost certain to end in disaster. This may be worth thinking about. - Fredoneverything.net
- Name: John Bartley K7AAY
- Location: Oak Grove, Oregon, United States
Chapter Duty Officer for a large international disaster relief organization serving Oregon.